Epicsburg

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft server

2 posters

Why Epicsburg Fell.

Poll

Did Epicsburg Fall?

[ 3 ]
    Why Epicsburg Fell. I_vote_lcap100%Why Epicsburg Fell. I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Why Epicsburg Fell. I_vote_lcap0%Why Epicsburg Fell. I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Xin [BANNED]
    Xin [BANNED]

Why Epicsburg Fell. Empty Why Epicsburg Fell.

Post  Xin [BANNED] Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 am

Why did Epicsburg Fall?
    by: Xin

Back Story
    I'm writing this to express why I feel Epicsburg Fell. Well firistly, I joined epicsburg for the same reason many of us did, It was a cracked server. It had a friendly community and It was not griefied. Over time I got to know many of the mods - such as ZaPy_HD, HeyItsSunday, Shizzyu, Tochu and Swrain - and of coarse lscarl.
    After a while I became a mod, and I wanted to help the server, So I would slowly start to learn the ropes, I was uneasy about banning people but as time went on I didn't care anymore if they broke the rules they deservered a ban. As the server progressed I was having a lot of fun. Then one day Scar said he was going to shut down the server, and everyone who was on had an adventure together. Then scar said he would keep it up. Then the save file got corrupted and we started project ninja. As this went on, the server slowly started getting griefied more and more. Then ZaPy_HD did a rollback and deleted the logs. I believe that's when we lost BigBrother. Then we got it back except for rollbacks. Slowly the server became a griefier's paradise. I went on a banning spree and banned over 100 players for griefing. It didn't stop. As time went by Scar rarely got on and corrected the griefings so anything that was griefied stayed griefied unless the owner fixed it. Then ZaPy_HD tryed to go on a griefing spree, he was stopped but made the server a mess. And now Scar's saying unless we get donations he's shutting it down. He enableed PVP and allowed griefing.

Why it failed?
    - Griefing, This is probably what caused a lot of players to leave, It was not spotted or stopped so it grew and the players left.
    - Lack of Help, The players didn't get help from their creations getting griefied.
    - Lag, The server started lagging so people left.
    - Paying For Admin, You gave them so much power they lost interest. They wouldn't even fix griefing.- Pvp, PVP made some players rage quit.
    - and other, such as abusive mods.

Conclusion
    So scar these are some of the many reasons epicsburg failed. I know many people feel the same. I will miss Epicsburg. But the server is far to messed up. So I don't think I will play it much anymore. Farewell Epicsburg. Hopefully Scar can fix what he did wrong in this new server. Crying or Very sad

Farewell and Hope to see you all again,
    ~Xin

Rest in Peace Epicsurg

Last edited by Xin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing)
    Takamaru

Why Epicsburg Fell. Empty Re: Why Epicsburg Fell.

Post  Takamaru Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

It was so sad.... Sad Sad Sad
    Xin [BANNED]
    Xin [BANNED]

Post  Xin [BANNED] Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:47 pm

What was?
    Xin [BANNED]
    Xin [BANNED]

Post  Xin [BANNED] Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Also Edit:
    It seems Scar isn't having a new server. So everyone Move to another server.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:32 am